A glimpse of Ireland

Okay, I don’t know about you, but I’m getting tired of looking at the drilling rig.

So, time for a scenic taste of Ireland.


The Cliffs of Moher. One of, if not THE most impressive natural scenic places I’ve ever seen. The highest cliff is 700 feet. Along the edge of the park section you can’t get near the edge; but along the private section (seen below) one can walk to the edge (and beyond if your not careful). I think I took 80 digital images; a shutter-bugs dream location.

(more info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cliffs_of_Moher )





A Sandy Beach. Not exactly the ocean scene one expects of Ireland’s coast. But, as the image below shows, Ireland has some beautiful sandy beaches. Now all I need is some warm sunny days to enjoy them!!



Fort James. Just before you get to Kinsale, Ireland, there is the remains of Fort James. It stood on either side of the harbor entrance.



Kinsale Harbor. Reminded me a lot of Rockport, or Newburyport. Lots of shops, lots of restaurants, and of all things, lots of pubs (go figure!!).




Blarney Castle. Below are two images: one of the face of the Castle, and one looking down from the top of the tower. And, if you’re wondering, no, I did not kiss the Blarney stone.



(more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blarney_Castle )




UCC. University College of Cork; a very picturesque campus in west Cork city. Here’s a nice bridge near of the main entrances.

Ross Castle. After visiting Killarney I ran into Ross Castle; got there after visiting hours were over, so I didn’t get to see the insides. It sits on the edge of large lake.




(more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ross_Castle )




An Irish Rainbow. While driving back from the Cliffs of Moher, I saw this incredible rainbow. At times it was a full rainbow, with both ends seemingly touching down in open rolling hills. At times it was a double rainbow. Every 5 minutes I found myself pulling over and taking another picture. Can’t say as I’ve ever seen such an impressive rainbow before.




(more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow ) (Ya, I know, silly me.)



The Sled.
The company provided me with a 2005 Saab 9-3. A five speed manual transmission; which I had to learn to shift with my left hand, while driving on the right side of the car, on the left side of the road; exactly opposite of the US. Fortunately the gas, brake, and clutch are the same.




Hope you enjoyed this installment of Ireland. More to follow.

Comments

Kristin said…
wow, daddy, i can't wait to see all of this! Nice pics as usual. I would expect nothing less of such an experienced photographer. Have a safe flight home(Ireland) today. Love you
Ralph said…
Thanks honey.
Talk to you soon.

Popular Posts