hello from Vermont!

Hey family! I just thought I would post an update on the new law school life. So far, I'm loving it! I've made some fantastic friends already and am trying to stay up on my work. I have an hour and a half between each class Mon, Wed, and Fri so I'm hitting the library to get a jump on the homework they've just assigned. We'll see how it goes. So far it feels like Dickinson. Small and a lot of work:)
Orientation week was awesome. When we discovered that you don't actually need to attend all of the lectures we started exploring the South Royalton area. I went tubing down the White River ( and am still a little banged up from this), cliff diving at Pothole (terrifying and again, banged up), have tried out some cider distilleries, and had a dinner party at my house Saturday night before exploring the night life in Hanover (there isn't one). I've adopted two cats. Moose and Stowe. Both of their pictures are on facebook now. They're both quite the lovers...Moose just happens to be harder to lift when she wants to be cuddled.
I've met two of my 6 professors this morning. My contracts prof seems hilarious. Very dry sense of humor. My torts professor is young and a columnist for Sports Illustrated. Needless to say, there were a ton of sports analogies in class. I think I'll like the subject matter a lot. Contracts I could go without. BORING.
So there's my life in the last week...back to homework:)

Comments

Ralph said…
Cara .. Thanks for sharing. Sounds like things have started off just fine: great to hear.

Keep those post coming!

.. U Ralph
Kristin said…
Contracts is definitely the most boring of all the subjects!! It was for me, anyways! But you'll do fine. The first month of law school is fun- just wait until the real work starts ;-) Can't wait to see you!

Popular Posts